Emperan.com – Lotus is an Erasmus Mundus Action Two Partnership (EMA2) of European and South-East Asian Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and Associations aiming at fostering mutual enrichment and better understanding between the EU and South-East Asia (China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand), through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level and to co-operate in the following program activities:
* Mobility of undergraduate and graduate students
* Mobility of PhD students
* Post-doc mobility
* Academic and administrative staff mobility
The types of mobility to be funded are:
* For students: undergraduate, master, doctorate and post-doctorate mobility opportunities
* For academic staff: exchanges for the purposes of teaching, practical training and research
This project is to give South-East Asian students and staff the possibility to go to a European University to improve, enrich, learn, experience, …. their own knowledge and skills.
Please bear in mind that the scholarships are only granted to South-East Asian students and staff coming to Europe.
The grant covers:
* monthly subsistence allowance
* travel ticket
* tuition fee
To enable students to benefit in a linguistic, cultural and educational way from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country, all students should have a thorough command of English.
Fields of Study
Based on the specific countries needs, the following list of thematic fields of study has been prioritized by this project:
01: Agricultural Sciences
04: Business Studies and Management Sciences
06: Engineering, Technology
07: Geography, Geology,
13: Natural Sciences
14: Social Sciences
Students from other fields of study can however still apply for a scholarship. In case of equally ranked applications, priority will be given to the student majoring in a prioritzed field of study.
The Lotus Project provides the following types of scholarships:
* Scholarships for undergraduate students (6 months exchange mobility)
* Scholarships for graduate students (ranging from 6 to 22 months depending on the country of the applicant concerned)
* Scholarships for PhD students (ranging from 6 to 34 months depending on the country of the applicant concerned)
* Scholarships for Post-Doc students ( 6 months exchange mobility)
* Scholarships for academic and administrative staff ( limited to 1 month)
A scholarship consists of:
* 1000 € per month for undergraduate and graduate students
* 1500 € per month for doctorate students
* 1800 € per month for post-doctorates
* 2500 € per month for academic staff
* All grant holders are subscribed to a central group policy. The policy can be found on the website.
Tuition fees/registration fees:
* The tuition fees are covered by the project.
* One return ticket will be provided by the coordinator